Sunday 25 May 2008

Tadpoles

I saw some tadpoles today.
They were in my friends' fishpond.
The sun was warming the water amongst the stones at the edge of the water and the tadpoles were snuggled in there away from the fish.

It made me think how tadpole are a bit like caterpillars.
They begin life as one thing and end up as something else.

Of course, the difference with tadpoles is that they gradually change into frogs while remaining active, unlike caterpillars hidden away in their chrysalis. The tadpole's legs grow and its tail shrinks and eventually it can get out of the water and hop about in the grass. It's escaped the dangerous fish and now has to avoid the dangerous birds - never mind the lawn mower.

It's like my progession through training.
Gradually my electronic engineering skills shrink.
And my ministry gifts grow and develop.
It happens almost without me noticing.

Are you changing too?

No comments:

Post a Comment