Friday 30 May 2008

Breathless

When I woke up this morning it was raining.
Although that was a dampener I was more concerned about the wind.
Or to be precise the distinct lack of wind.
There was enough but only just.

Through the morning I got on with my tasks.
The rain was intermittent, but the wind was dropping.

By lunchtime when my friend and I were ready to set off there was no wind at all. And when you are heading off to go sailing that's a bit disheartening.

Sure enough, when we got to Port Edgar the Forth was like a mill pond.

After ten minutes checking out the facilities we gave up on the sailing plan. It would have been too boring drifting about not knowing where we were going.

It made me think of some groups that I know.
There's no wind driving them.
Not even a breath.
They are just sitting there waiting.
Almost motionless.
Just drifting about not going anywhere.

What they need is for the Windmaster to send them a strong wind.
A warm life-giving breath that will drive them on to their destination.
A breath of Spirit that will give them love, strength, and purpose.
It will set them moving and cavorting amongst the waves.

If it's You then call me to come to You across the waves!

I can't wait for the next windy day.
I want to go sailing!

No comments:

Post a Comment