Thursday 29 May 2008

A Milestone

It's official at last - I passed.

Now I know that I will be able to graduate next month.
I was confident that I had already achieved the minimum standard.
But until my number appeared on the list it was not certain.
So today it has been signed, sealed, and delivered.

Which is good - because my training would have ground to a halt if I had not passed!

The three years has been a long time.
My family have sacrificed a lot - not only in money terms, but also in my absence, my irritability, my lack of attention to their needs.

They have known why, and have been very supportive of me.
In fact, without their active support, never mind passive agreement, I would not have learned as much as I did. I might never have reached this point.
They have my thanks, but also know that the hard work is not over!

My friends too have also been very supportive and encouraging - embarrassingly so at times! And I thank each of them - you know who you are!

The academic staff at the university, my fellow students - postgraduates as well as undergraduates, and all the support staff, have made it all possible. So I thank them all - and wish them well as our ways reach a parting point. Although I shall come back and visit New College from time to time - some of my companions will probably have moved on by then.

It is often the way - that one person picks up the prize, or receives the reward, which was only achieved as the result of a team effort. So I congratulate my whole team - and look forward to journeying onwards with those of you that remain onboard.

And for those of you who are still curious - it's a 2.1 (or Upper Second in old money)!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Stewart, to you and your team for taking the risk and succeeding. As Churchill said, it's only the end of the beginning but it is a major achievement to be celebrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steve. You played your part too! I'm impressed you managed to get the subject of Risk into your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Stewart. I am glad to know that you are continuing to follow God's call and that He has confirmed it in your passing the degree. Christine and I continue to pray that you will know His continuing blessing as He opens doors before you which no man can shut. We look forward to your continuing ministry. Well done again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jim for your encouragement and for your's and Christine's prayers. I am sure that the doors are open but only God knows the destination!

    ReplyDelete