Sunday 4 May 2008

National Gathering

The National Gathering at Ingliston was on its second day today.
I went with a couple of ladies from a group I'm part of.

There were people there from all over Scotland; telling their stories about their projects and activities. The creativity of the stories and projects was wonderful to see. Each group had their own tent. And all the tents will go to a disaster relief charity after the event is over.

There was an inspiring speaker too. He is originally from Uganda and lived through the reign of the infamous dictator Idi Amin.

You might have thought this man would be bitter about the treatment he received.
But no. His concern was to encourage us to be witnesses; to tell our own stories.

I met lots of people that I know from past times.
It was good to catch up and to be reminded of happy times.
All in all it was an inspiring day.

During this next week I need to focus on revision.
My last exam for my university degree is in 8 days time.
And the previous day I'll finish up at my current training placement.

So I think this Blog will be taking a few days holiday.
I'll let you know on the 13th how it's all been going.

No comments:

Post a Comment