Wednesday 9 April 2008

Where does the path lead?

For me, today has been about turning new corners in my path of life. My supervisor and I have been reviewing our Final Reports. I can see farther ahead now.

The only ways to find out the destination of a path are either to find the end yourself or to find out from someone else who has been there already. In the case of the path of life we must explore it on our own. No-one else has ever made the same journey that we will make.

We might have our own ideas of the destination. Other people might have told us where our journey will end. We may even be following signposts that other people have created to help us. But in practice, our journey will be filled with unexpected events.

Just as on a real footpath we might find a fallen tree, or a landslip, an artifical barrier, or even just a large puddle, so it is with the path of life. We never know what barriers lie ahead, or what detours we will have to make, on our way to the final destination.

Many years ago I found a signpost that led me to change direction. Now I think I know what my destination will be, although not how I will get there! In recent years I have been helping others to find signposts on their own journeys of life.

Don't get lost for the lack of a signpost. They are there to be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment