Thursday 17 April 2008

Hot Air - lot's of it!

Today's been a cold day.
And I've been generating even more hot air than usual!

One of my hobbys is playing the French Horn.
I'm going to be playing in front of a bunch of folk in 10 days time so I've been practicing. My right hand gets warmed up by the outflow. My left hand gets warmed up twiddling the valve keys. The top half of me ends up beautifully warm. But the lower half was just as cold after my practice.

I've been writing a lot of hot air too!
I'll be talking to the same bunch of folk this weekend.
So I've been writing (well, typing really) what I'm planning to talk about.
My cold fingers were going a bit slow - that's my excuse.
So I enjoyed the music break to get them warmed up.
Now they're cold again!

Hot air rises - it's a well known scientific fact.
I wonder if that's why Craigsbank Church is designed so that the minister is at a lower level than all the congregation. It's like an amphitheatre, with all the seats in raised levels set around the central focus area - which is almost like a pit! And there's built-in hot air heating during the sermons!

And that set me to thinking about the Spirit of God.
The Holy Spirit that God breathes into his body the church.
That must be really hot air!
No wonder they saw flames around each person at the first Pentecost.
They were really on fire.

I bet they didn't have cold fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment