Thursday 10 April 2008

Rough Ground already!

Today has been one of those frustrating days.
Although I had a lot of things I wanted to do I figured I had plenty of time to get through them. So instead of pushing on I let myself get sidetracked.

However, although the early part of the day was a bit of a detour, the delays resulted in me 'bumping' into two of my friends while I was in central Edinburgh. One was from South Queensferry and another from Gracemount in South Edinburgh. Having met another friend yesterday, this time from Longstone in Edinburgh, I've been feeling quite connected. Edinburgh has a population of around 450,000 so to unexpectedly meet three friends in two days was quite a surprise!

Yesterday evening my wife and I enjoyed hosting two friends from Northern Ireland who have been visiting Edinburgh. Friends - they are far more important than 'getting things done'. No matter how much we look after our things they will degrade over time. That can happen with friendships too. But if we invest in our friends and family then the bonds of friendship grow ever stronger.

One rich man buried his treasure and ended up losing it. Another rich man invited all his friends to a party and no-one came. When we get to the end of the road we have to leave all our things behind and then all that we are left with are our friends. Whose friend are you? Know who your friends are and cherish them. It is true that love lasts forever.

1 comment:

  1. Great to have you on the blogosphere, Stuart. Keep it up.

    Pete

    ReplyDelete