Monday 28 April 2008

Turmoil and Trust

I'm in a turmoil this evening.
Maybe it's not a good time to write.

But then no-one will ever know about the turmoil.
If I wait until I'm calm then I won't be true to the turmoil.

When water rushes down a mountainside it's not calm.
When a storm rages across the ocean the water is not peaceful.

One person's wisdom and insight can be, for another person, injustice and ignorance. How can an outsider tell the difference?

I was watching a TV program tonight on channel 2 about miracles and healings.
The psychologist presenting the programme interviewed many people who believed that their experiences were a result of interaction with God.
Yet the programme concluded that there was no evidence that such experiences were genuine.

How arrogant to write off another person's testimony as of no evidence!
If our lawcourts worked like that where would we be?! Anarchy!

How could a court function if the only valid evidence was a scientific experiment?
If someone was accused of murder the prosecution would have to set up an identical situation and show that in that same situation the accused would have committed murder! A bit tricky getting a dead person to play their part!

If there is no evidence for God, other than people's testimony, then how can we believe in God? Is faith always blind? Can trust be proven?

I put my faith and trust in God on August 14th 1981.
During the past 27 years, I consider that trust to have been proven.
Now that I look back I am glad I made that decision.
But when I made it I didn't know what would happen.

Who is it that we all serve?
Is God really all-powerful?
And if so, who can measure up?

No comments:

Post a Comment