Saturday 12 April 2008

Pain Killers

I've had a pain in the neck all week.

I said "had" - not "been"!

So yesterday I visited the Doc and she said it was probably just over-tense neck-muscles and I should take some anti-inflammatory pain-killers for a few days.

When I got home I ferreted around in our small medicine cupboard and found the box of stuff. I took my two tablets, with water as recommended, and took two more before going off to bed.

This morning, as I was reading the instructions, my ever-observant wife looked at the tablets, turned over the blister pack, and said "Why have you been taking anti-histamine tablets?"

AAAAAAAAAAAaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!

How on earth could the wrong blister pack have got inside the pain-killer box?

Well - that was an object lesson in checking the labels.
And then I had to read the anti-histamine instructions.
"Do not exceed the stated dose" - which is one per day.
And I've already taken four in 12 hours!

Well I've survived - and now I know why my neck was still sore all yesterday evening!

It's still a bit sore even now - but easing off a bit.

When people look at you - I wonder what they think is on the inside?
Is your inside the same as what you look like on the outside?

If you look happy, friendly, and cheerful, are you really like that?
If you look sad, miserable, and grumpy, is that really who you are?

Let's check each other out, and make sure our insides match our outsides!

No comments:

Post a Comment