Friday 9 January 2009

New Year started

It's been a strange week - back to work after a few days off.

As I mentioned earlier, it feels like I've been there a long time. Yet when I stood up at the microphone to speak this morning it seemed like a long time since I last did so. I almost felt nervous - but my voice seemed to function as normal!

This week I've enjoyed some social events amongst the congregation. I've invited myself to lunch three times, and the Workers' Chip Shop Supper last night was very good too. Of course, even at social events, there's work going on as well. The Lord neither sleeps nor slumbers, so we have to keep sharp too!

Earlier in the week we were doing some planning for the next few months. It's all very tentative at this stage, since it's quite hard to plan for next week, never mind the next quarter. But without some kind of overall objectives, we would just muddle along and never progress. It good to be moving forwards.

I was glad to get the bulk of Sunday's sermon finished in time to make tea this evening. And after that the boys and I went out to the cinema to watch The Spirit. It was quite apt because the Holy Spirit will get a few mentions on Sunday! Although the Spirit in the movie was not actually a 'spirit' at all. Oops, now I've gone and spoiled the plot somewhat! But then The Octopus was not an octopus either!

So if you've been back to work this week I hope it's gone well for you. And if you're one of the lucky ones, like many students, not to be going back until Monday, I hope it will go well next week too!

Roll on the Weekend! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment