Monday 5 January 2009

Four Months and another Whole Year gone

As we reached the Year End a few days ago I realised it was also the end of my Fourth Month at Abercorn and Pardovan, Kingscavil and Winchburgh congregations.

Last month it didn't seem like three months had already gone by. But at the end of this month it seems like I have been in the job much longer than four months!

I guess that December will be like that for most ministers. It seems like 2 or more months' worth of effort is required and delivered in that one month. By the time we reached Christmas Day I felt like I had been through the wringer (reference only for old folk like me!).

So that's another whole year of my training gone by. And now only 11 months until I complete this placement (all going well - God willing).

It's a bit strange to think that next Christmas I might just have squeezed into my first charge (congregation). In fact, it's a bit scary, not just strange!

But I've lots of plans and ideas still to work on here at PKW&A so I'll not be getting ahead of myself (most of the time!).

Each week has plenty of demands of its own, without thinking too far ahead. This coming Sunday I'll be preaching at Abercorn and Winchburgh again. It's almost becoming normal!

Stick with me for the white-knuckle ride to the finishing line!

No comments:

Post a Comment