Sunday 21 September 2008

Thirty Years!

Stewart & Liz - 30 years together
Thirty Years. It's a long time. It's 10,957 days. Put like that it sounds even longer!

I can hardly believe that over 10,000 times I've woken up beside my wonderful wife Liz. She and I have been married for 30 years now, and we've been celebrating all weekend! Don't we look good, even after 10,000 days together?!

Our celebration began on Saturday by taking a tour round the Solar System on our bikes! We began by visiting the Sun, then Mercury, Venus, Mars and Earth (Yes, I know it was the wrong order!). And then the asteroid Thule, followed by Jupiter, Saturn and Uranus. I wonder if you can tell how we managed all that!

In the evening we had a nice celebration meal in Leith with my brother and his girl-friend. They have been together almost ten years now, so this year will be a big year for them too.

The celebrations continued today. We enjoyed receiving gifts and congratulations at the churches where we have been this morning and this afternoon, Davidson's Mains, Kingscavil, Winchburgh, and Bridgend. There was a Harvest Tea party at Bridgend in the afternoon, and my Mum came with us too. It was great she was able to come along and meet some of the people I have been working with these past few weeks.

Who knows what the next 30 years will bring. God has been with us these past 30 years, and we know he'll be with us for the next 30 too. May He be praised forever!

4 comments:

  1. Great picture Dad, did David take it? Congrats again, and sorry I never made you a card...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, David took it. You could still make a card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! And wishing you both many more more happy years together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you too, Nelu. You are the 1000th visitor to my Blog! There's no prize though;-)

    ReplyDelete