Wednesday 10 September 2008

Back to School Today

Winchburgh Primary School
Today we visited Winchburgh Primary School. It's a lovely modern building, as you can see above, with friendly staff and delightful children.

We spent all morning visiting all six classes and I was impressed by the depth of the responses the children gave. We also had some fun with music. I took in my French Horn, as part of telling the children a bit about myself, and we played and sang Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star several times!

The song is about wondering what the twinkling star really is, and we had some fun thinking about who God really is as well. By the end of the morning I was exhausted!

No wonder the children are tired when they get home from school, and I now have a fresh admiration for school teachers too.

In the afternoon we had a contrast, leading worship with some of the residents of the local sheltered housing centre. We had a laugh there too as we thought about the trustworthiness of God.

2 comments:

  1. This photo couldn't have been taken today. Or was it? Glad to hear you had good time with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very observant of you! The photo is from the 2006 school handbook and, with no leaves on the trees, I guess it was probably taken in the Spring.

    ReplyDelete