Friday 12 September 2008

Abercorn Art Exhibition - Finished now!

It was rather remiss of me to forget to take my camera to the opening of Abercorn Art Exhibition this weekend. I had intended to take some photos so you could see how good it was, and it was good!

There are a large number of paintings by three different local artists, June Cameron, Fred Shewan, and James Campbell, who sadly died in December last year.

The artists have contributed many different styles of painting, oil, watercolour, still life, landscape, portrait, and don't ask me what else because that's the limit of my artistic knowledge! But I do know that I enjoyed looking at the paintings, and admiring the skill of the artists, and their interpretation of what they had been looking at.

If you have time to go and see the exhibition over the weekend then I thoroughly recommend it. It's open from 11am to 6pm on Saturday (13th September) with a BBQ from 1pm to 2pm. And on Sunday it's open from 11am to 5pm.

You might even like to join us for worship in the ancient Abercorn Church on Sunday from 10am to 11am. The church will be open throughout the exhibition and you will be most welcome to look round our historic worship centre.

To find the exhibition and church, travel to Newton (West of South Queensferry on the road to Bo'ness), and then take the Abercorn Road at the West end of the village.

1 comment:

  1. It's a bit off to initiate a thread on your own Blog, but who cares!
    I was just wondering if any of my readers went to the Exhibition. If you did, I'd be interested to hear what you thought of it.

    ReplyDelete