Sunday 7 September 2008

First Sunday

Interior of Winchburgh Church
It was my first Sunday at Kingscavil Church today, and my first Sunday 'in post' at Winchburgh. Some probationers get dropped in at the deep end by being given services to take when their minister is away during the early weeks. But not me.

Scott has been very kind, or else not sure of my abilities(;-), and organised other people to lead the two services today. At least that meant Scott could relax during his weekend off!

Kingscavil has a bright, airy sanctuary, with nice stained glass in the centre part of the windows, and clear glass at the edges to let the light in. They also have a nice set of colourful banners from their centenary a few years ago. It's a charming place and I'm looking forward to leading worship there.

The interior of Winchburgh Church was refurbished earlier this year, with wall-to-wall carpeting, comfortable chairs (almost too comfortable!), and nice cheerful paintwork. It too is a very pleasant place in which to worship, as you can see from the photo above.

Although I wasn't involved in leading the worship services today, I found it quite hard work, meeting so many new people, and trying to remember new names, and those of people I had already met. But everyone made Liz and I very welcome and I'm looking forward to the coming week, and indeed all 64 remaining weeks of my placement!

2 comments:

  1. You seemed to have enjoyed week 1... hope the next 64 are good too, they will just fly past!

    ReplyDelete