Tuesday 9 September 2008

Farewell Edinburgh

Tonight the Edinburgh Presbytery initiated the transference of my Candidate Supervision to West Lothian Presbytery. I had already laid down my role as the Presbytery's Prayer Co-ordinator a couple of months ago. So that's me finished with Edinburgh Presbytery for the meantime.

I'm a bit sad about leaving, for they are a group of people whom I have got to know quite well over the past 6 years. But now at West Lothian Presbytery I have a new group of people to get to know. And it's a much smaller group than the couple of hundred folk that are in Edinburgh Presbytery. I already knew some of them from a long time ago, and met more of them last week.

Meeting people. It's what my new job, indeed my whole role as a Minister, is about. Meeting people where they are at, and helping them to move forward, in the company of God.

I myself am moving out from my previous comfort zones, and heading out into unknown territory. So I guess I too am blazing a new trail, as are many of the people to whom I am ministering. I'm enjoying it already, and looking forward very much to the weeks and months ahead.

Our God is a Great Big God!

No comments:

Post a Comment