Friday 3 October 2008

Pheasants Galore!

One of the delights of working in the country, after living in the city nearly all of my life, is seeing so many beautiful plants and creatures.

Two male Pheasants scurrying along a wall
Yesterday I drove round a corner and there were four young pheasants sitting on the wall in the sunshine. By the time I got my camera out there was only one left. I parked and looked over the wall so discover a whole covey of pheasants browsing around the edge of the field, as well as these two scurrying along another wall.

After I had taken a few photos I drove on. And round the next corner were even more pheasants - on the wall and on the road. Despite the rain coming on I took a few more photos out of the car window, before a couple of cars coming the other direction ended the photo shoot.
A male and two female Pheasants on top of a wall
The male Pheasant

A beautiful yellow DahliaAnd earlier in the day I had to photo this beautiful Dahlia outside Winchburgh church. It would be even better in the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment