Wednesday 1 October 2008

First Anniversary?

I can hardly believe that my placement at the parishes of Abercorn linked with Pardovan, Kingscavil, and Winchburgh, began a month ago. It seems like just a few days ago. I think I must be enjoying myself!

I recall being quite surprised when my daughter told me she was celebrating the anniversary of going out with her then boyfriend. They had only being going out a few months, but it was a whole number of months. Apparently every month many young folk today celebrate the start of their going out together - calling the celebration an 'anniversary'.

So I guess today was the First Anniversary of me starting my placement!

Last week someone was saying that by the end of my fifteen months here I would be feeling like I had been fifteen years. So maybe 'First Anniversary' is not so far off the truth after all!

So now there only 14 months until the end of my placement, 11 months until my Final Review, 10 months until we submit our Final Reports, 5 months until my Interim Review, and 4 months until we submit our Interim Reports. I'm not going to tell you all that in weeks or days - you can do the arithmetic yourself - Am I bothered?!

Mind you, the practice of celebrating an Anniversary every month is a bit of a sad reflection on the length of time people expect to be together. Counting years takes too long, and many couples won't even reach a First Year.

Mind you, for those of us that have reached 30 years, it would be hard to count Months! We'd be celebrating our Three Hundred and Sixty First Anniversary on October 20th!

No comments:

Post a Comment