Monday 4 August 2008

Unofficial Start

Tomorrow will be an exciting day for me.
Although it's only an informal unoffical visit, I'm going to the Holiday Club which will be meeting at Winchburgh Parish Church this week. Tuesday is the first day and it starts at 10am, so I'll be getting there a bit early to help with the final preparations.

I've been to a holiday club before, at Old Kirk in Pilton, three years ago. It will be interesting to compare the two events.

And then when I get back home, around lunchtime, my younger son Andrew should have his Standard Grade results through the post. He seems quite confident that he'll get the results he wants, so he's more excited than worried. Since he's so laid back, I'm quite relaxed about it myself.

I suppose these kind of events are like stepping stones in a river.
I've been thinking about journeys quite a lot on this blog and so stepping stones seems appropriate. They can be wobbly, or slippery, or too far apart, and as a result we can get our feet wet, or even swept away by the river, instead of getting safely across.

I think my son and I will cross these two stepping stones OK, but if you have fallen off, or been swept away, then I pray that you will turn to God. He can deliver you from your distress and lead you safely to the destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment