Thursday 28 August 2008

Ettrick Retreat


This week I have been away on retreat in Ettrick. One of my friends invited me to stay at her home for a few days for some peace and quiet.

I have been looking forward to spending some time thinking back over my selection and training that has been under way over the past four years. And I have been looking forward to some time to discern how God wants me to go forward during this next and final training placement that I will begin on Monday.

I am grateful to my friend and her husband for sharing their home with me. Once I get back on stream again I'll let you know how I got on during this retreat week.

Mind you, I'm not sure that 'retreat' is just the right word. Although I'm retreating away from my normal surroundings, I'm anticipating an advance forward in the Kingdom of God and my understanding of my role within it.

So maybe a better term would be 'Ettrick Advance'!

No comments:

Post a Comment