Sunday 22 August 2010

Happy Ordination Weekend

It has been a wonderful weekend, with my Ordination and Induction to the parish of Melness and Tongue on Friday, followed by my minister from Edinburgh 'preaching me in' on Sunday.

Many friends and family have made a stupendous effort to join me and the congregation as we set out together on the journey that Jesus is calling us to follow. The congregation also have made stupendous efforts to welcome my family and my friends into the parish over the weekend. I am hugely grateful for everyone's enthusiasm and support.

I don't have time now to share everything with you, and parish work will no doubt soon press in too. But perhaps the photos below will give a brief glimpse into our special weekend here in Melness and Tongue, and our surrounding communities.

Me outside the Manse before the OrdinationMe outside the Manse before the Ordination


Post-Ordination smiles at the Church Noticeboard


Post-Ordination Rays of SunshineRays of Sunshine outside the church after the Ordination

No comments:

Post a Comment