Wednesday 1 July 2009

Sing a Rainbow

Double Rainbow in Alaska
A few weeks ago, as the sun was setting low in the Western sky, I saw a beautiful double rainbow as I travelled home from work. It was quite like the one in the photo above, although it was taken in Alaska (by Eric Rolph).

This Sunday we're going to be talking about Noah and the story of the Rainbow. I was looking for a Rainbow song, but the only one I could find in my books was 'Who put the colours in the rainbow?' The rainbow is only mentioned in the first line, and I had been looking for a song that talked more about the colours in the rainbow.

So I decided to write an extra verse, and here it is:

What are the colours in the rainbow?
Red is the first one that you see.
Then comes the orange and the yellow,
So far one, two, three.
Green is the next one of the colours.
Blue is the colour of the sea.
In-di-go amongst the showers,
Vio-let’s the last we see?
Red and orange and yellow and green,
Blue, indigo, and violet.
These are rainbow colours seven,
God made us to see.

With thanks to J.A.P. Booth for the inspiration.
He wrote the original song.

And thanks too to Eric Rolph for the photo via Wikipedia.

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh, looking forward to see you write
    Rainbow: the musical

    Well done O Creative Stewart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! That makes me think of the musicians playing as the Titanic sank. I think I'll go look for a lifeboat!

    Actually, this morning I thought that maybe 'Rise and Shine' might fit better, but I think it fits Holiday Club more than Sunday Morning Worship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Rise and Shine' is great but remember, it is immensely looooong. I used it last year at a Stockbridge supply I was doing... and it went on forever - we were all rather exhausted by the time we'd finished singing it, lol!!! Judicious pruing may be in order if you go that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, having sung it this morning I can confirm that it went very well: well done, Stewart.

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Peter. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete