Wednesday 23 September 2009

Monster Spider

Monster Spider in context
One evening recently I was about to get out an envelope from the box and I monster spider was sitting there daring me to come any nearer!

It was not at all fazed by my relative enormity and sat there patiently while I got out my camera and took a couple of snaps. The one above is a bit out of focus but shows the scale. On the photo below you can even make out the hairs on its legs!

Amusingly, after I'd laid down my camera, when I returned to catch the blighter it had disappeared without trace! So it's still prowling round the house all through the night looking for its next meal!!!

Monster Spider in close-up

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sleeeping at home again.

    Ever

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'tis the season for spiders at the moment: my upstairs neighbour and I were just talking about the big spiders we'd had in our respective flats this last week or so... and then, when over at a pal's place the other day, huge spider in her kitchen. Ugh. Autumn and spiders are a bad combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hiccup42, That's good, 'cos someone else has your bed now! There was another big spider in our kitchen sink this morning. I put it outside and it scuttled away. Are spiders good at other times of the year?! I like them - they keep down the other bugs! Sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Update - yon monster spider was staking out the lounge last night, but I managed to corner the beast and expel the unwanted miscreant from the premises!

    ReplyDelete