Saturday 21 March 2009

Lovely Lorikeets

Colourful Lorikeets at Edinburgh Zoo
Sorry it's been such a long time since I last wrote. It's been a busy fortnight and I hope I'll get some time soon to tell you what I've been up to. All's well though!

Today my loving daughter invited me to come to the Edinburgh Zoo with her. We saw lots of beautiful animals but these Lorikeeets were the most colourful! You can buy little pots of nectar and the birds which are hungry come down and sit on your hand and sip up the sweet stuff. Perhaps one day I'll manage to capture the whole sequence!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, reminds me of living in Oz. The lorikeets would fly south at break of dawn making a huge racket... and then at dusk they'd fly back my way. I have a pic somewhere of lorikeets on my arms, one on my head... noisy but gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete