Friday 21 November 2008

Still Here!

Autumn Sunrise
Another sunrise, and another day.
I'm still here!

It was not intentional - to leave such a long gap between posts. It's just been a busy week - again! I was wondering whether, after my previous post, you might have thought it was my Last Post - and that I had departed.

Well, I'm still here!

It's been rather a theatrical week, visiting the Luv Esther musical at Meadowbank with some of our Bible Study on Monday evening. It is a great show and I recommend catching it if you can.

My two (late-)teenage lads can't wait to get their hands on my CD from the show. The show is more of a Pop Opera (to quote the web site) rather than a conventional musical. The songs are full of great beats, strong words, and a captivating story line. And you can read all about it in the Old Testament, not surprisingly, in the book of Esther!

And then on Wednesday my family and I went to see this year's Edinburgh Gang Show at the King's Theatre. The cast were full of energy and the sound system worked well enabling us to hear all the contributions. There is perhaps less of a storyline this year than in previous Gang Shows, but nonetheless it was an enjoyable evening out. My daughter Katie is one of the senior Gang members and seeing her radiant smile always livens up the Show.

This coming Sunday the Parish Singers will be leading worship at Winchburgh (at 11:30am). I am sure it will be a great end to very musical week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stewart
    glad you havent disappeared! Was good to see you on Tuesday, if all too briefly.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shuna,
    Yes, it was nice to meet up.
    Hope I can make the next one in February.
    Yours, S

    ReplyDelete