Thursday 13 November 2008

5 Things......

Shuna has challenged me to list 5 things I have always wanted to do, having done so herself. So here goes:

1. Find a girl who wants to spend her life with me, and me with her.

2. Watch my children growing up to be happy and contented.

3. Own a Rover family car like my father did.

4. Own a sailing dinghy - again like my parents.

5. Travel round the world including visiting Australia & New Zealand.

Objectives 1 and 3 have been accomplished, and number 2 is in progress!

No sign yet of me achieving number 4, but one can always hope!

As for number 5, I have reached the West coast of the USA, and to Taiwan in Asia, and down to 12.5 degrees North latitude. But I have not yet travelled across the Pacific, nor have I ventured into the Southern hemisphere.

All of which makes me slightly envious of the yachtsmen and yachtswomen in the Vendee Globe race who will have sailed right round the world before St. Valentine's Day next year!

Only 'slightly' mark you. They can keep the hardships - and I'll watch on the internet from my comfy chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment