Tuesday 15 July 2008

CLAN Gathering beckons

On Saturday some of us will be going to CLAN Gathering.
It's not a highland family party but a week-long conference for people interested in Christianity, and their families and friends.

It's held at St Andrews on a large site using the T-in-the-Park tent, and various other marquees, etc. It is organised by New Wine Scotland, and you can read all about it at CLAN Gathering.

Last Sunday I enjoyed being with the South Queensferry congregations for their morning services. It was great to renew friendships where I did my first training placement. They are setting out to find a new minister after the tragic death of Rev. John Carrie back in February. But I'm sure they'll find someone long before I become available!

Two weeks before that I visited Cramond Kirk who hosted me during the Church's selection process. They get off to an early start at 8:45am, but follow that short service with a very civilised hot breakfast, before the family service at 10am. I made it out to Winchburgh's 11:30 service (just!) and was pleased to meet some of the congregation where I will be on placement from September. The day was rounded off nicely by Davidson's Mains 6:30pm service.

Today I popped in on Gladys from South Leith church. She is a remarkable lady and we enjoyed a good chat about out times together and what lies ahead for each of us. She had been unwell shortly before I last saw her and I was pleased to see her in such good form.

I'm on holiday for these three and half months but no wonder I still feel very busy! No doubt the Conference next week will be very busy too, but also a holiday.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed the story of the Israel trip.

    Looking forward to CLAN and seeing you and Liz there.

    ReplyDelete