Thursday 26 February 2009

Kirkliston Croci

Crocus at Kirkliston
There seems to be some debate about whether the plural of Crocus is Crocuses or Croci. I checked up the Oxford English Dictionary and it was no help - offering both options for the plural. I liked Croci better - so there! Now all I need to do is decide how to pronounce it!

My daughter has been taking beautiful photos of Croci in the Meadows in Edinburgh. So when I noticed that there is a beautiful display in Kirkliston I decided to watch out for a sunny moment to capture them in all their glory. And as you can see - they are glorious.

One of my friends will be coming to live in Kirkliston in a few weeks time, so I hope that the beautiful floral display will encourage her as she prepares to make that transition.

One of the enjoyable aspects of my present period of work in the North East corner of West Lothian has been the absolutely stunning beauty of the countryside. Of course it has its bleak moments too. But the beauty is what remains in my mental vision of the place.

I suppose life is like that too. It has its bleak moments. And moments of stunning beauty and joy.

In this period of Lent, we are reminded of one of the bleak points in world history. But only three days later there was an eruption of majesty and joy!

Ooops, there I've gone and done a Lenten Reflection by mistake!

Crocus at Kirkliston

No comments:

Post a Comment